Bend Child Support Attorneys

The family law attorneys at the Donahue Law Firm  can help you with modifications of a child support order.  Whether the other parent is not paying what they should, or if your order does not reflect your current financial circumstances and requires you to pay too much–we can help.  We can request to modify a child support order if it has been at least 3 years since the last order, or if there has been a substantial change in circumstances.  A substantial change in circumstances can include a change in employment, daycare availability, or a parenting plan.

Child support Calculations

While the concept of child support may seem simple and straight forward, in application it can become a sticking point for many separating parents.  Some people are under the impression child support can only be ordered when a couple was first married. However, a previous marriage is not required for an order of child support. While it can be ordered by courts in divorces, courts can also order child support where the parents were never married at all.  The Oregon Department of Justice has created guidelines to establish the presumptive amount of child support in every case.  Although the outcome of that calculation is the presumptive amount of Child Support, you can request a different result if it would be unjust or inappropriate to apply the presumptive amount to your particular case. The calculator used to follow those guidelines can be found here:

Contact a Child Support Attorney, Today

If you are having trouble paying your child support obligation, or believe you are entitled to a larger amount to support your child, contact the experienced attorneys at the Donahue Law Firm, immediately.  Nonpayment of child support can result in severe consequences including financial penalties like garnishment of wages, or even loss of liberty like a suspension of your driver’s license, or jail time.

Call Today for your Low-Cost Consultation: 541-241-6657.